The Northwest Area Foundation was founded in 1934 by Louis W. Hill. Our service region includes the eight states from Minnesota to Washington once served by the Great Northern Railway. Today the Foundation makes grants to support nonprofit organizations working to reduce poverty and achieve prosperity. NWAF is seeking an experienced professional to fill a Program Assistant opening.
The Program Assistant is responsible for performing vital clerical, logistical, and administrative functions in support of program staff. The primary focus of this position is to support program staff and department initiatives by understanding the internal standards and requirements established for a successful relationship between grantees, potential grantees and NWAF and helping to ensure the standards are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide grant administrative support for all active grants including communications with grantees, report follow-up, ensuring grant files are complete and updated, and entry of all related information in grants database.
- Assist Program Director and Program staff with packaging grant application materials and due diligence for appropriate approval.
- Provide assistance in editing, proofing, and formatting all documents, correspondence and reports as well as the grant docket and Board materials.
- Provide clerical and administrative support, including assisting with travel arrangements, updating calendars, processing invoices and check requests, completing and processing expense reimbursement forms, completing forms and expense reports.
- Provide logistical and administrative support, including tracking expenses and maintaining supporting documentation, for program convenings and other special projects.
- Provide logistical support for site visits and other in-office or off-site meetings. (booking meeting space, inviting participants, preparing materials, etc).
- Input new contact information and update existing information in contact database.
- Review grant and contract documents to ensure data integrity.
- Coordinate and schedule calls and meetings between Program Officers and external individuals or grantees.
- Monitor grantee reporting requirements and Program Officer reporting requirements.
- Prepares ad hoc grantmaking reports for internal and external audiences.
- Provide other assistance as needed by Program team.
- Understand the job duties of the other Program Assistant role and be able to provide back up in their absence.
- Participation in Foundation-wide workgroups.
- Occasional travel to assist with special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of five years of office support experience is required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer experience including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, database maintenance, and data entry.
- Experience with group meeting planning and automated schedule systems.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, manage several projects at once and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with colleagues and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, yet within a team context.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, build relationships and communicate effectively with diverse cultural groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please email a cover letter, resume, & salary requirements to HR@nwaf.org.
Resumes may also be sent to:
Northwest Area Foundation
Attn: Human Resources
60 Plato Blvd. E.
Saint Paul, MN 55107
NWAF is an equal opportunity employer